Welcome to the Texas Mental Health Counselor Association
TMHCA is a division of the Texas Counseling Association.
TMHCA encourages everyone to stay up to date on related events and information on the Legislative Session by checking our Newsletters page and TCA’s Public Policy page. We will also be updating our ‘Resources’ page before the end of the fiscal year in June 2023, so please stay tuned!
TMHCA is also seeking members who may contribute volunteer hours to serving our division in various capacities. Please reach out to TMHCA President, Dr. Olivia Wedel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or TMHCA President-elect, Dr. Lori Hollingsworth, at email@example.com.
- Promote the practice of quality mental-health psychotherapy services
- Enhance education for mental-health practitioners
- Evolve a viable professional identity unique to mental-health clinicians
- Influence legislation policy to benefit mental-health practitioners consistent with our State and licensure ethics
- Increase public visibility of the mental health profession throughout Texas
- Organize and advocate practices and policies that positively impact mental-health professionals
- Promote the profession of mental-health counseling in Texas
- Provide a system for the exchange of professional information and resources
- Provide programs and resources for professional development of mental-health clinicians
- Promote the mental-health profession in Texas through advocacy, research, and best practices
- Provide a liaison between other state, national, and international mental-health groups
- Provide the public information on the role and function of the mental-health clinician
- Promote the provision of quality training standards for mental-health clinicians
- Promote equitable licensure and certification for counselors nationwide
- Advocate for the mental-health profession in public policy, local and state government agencies, and legislation